Why to hire a software factory
One handy guide to what a software factory is and why it's essential to hire one to develop your university's digital platform.
Let me be honest with you: When I decided to write this article, I didn't know how to apply the concept of a software factory to academics. I have been thinking a lot about this, and after several cups of coffee, I found the answer.
First things first: what is a software factory? In plain English, a software factory is a company that creates unique software for your business's specific needs.
And why do you need a software platform for your college? Time-saving for your faculty might be one of the — oh, so many! — good reasons. Allow me to dig into some benefits I think you might consider.
Efficiency is the key
Technology undeniably changed the way we accomplish daily tasks. We now use smart boards instead of the old chalkboard, replaced tablets for books, and even got used to online tests. Ten or fifteen years ago, this was something beyond our imagination. Why do we keep file cabinets in 2022? Still boggles me.
You can keep all the student records, transcripts, invoices, tax documents, alumni information, financial aid waivers, and many other forms and files in one place and avoid taking up physical space. Yes, a software factory can help your university by creating a specific platform for that need.
But you might wonder why this will help your academic institution, right? I can think of at least five reasons at the top of my head:
- Space: File cabinets take too much space. However, if everything is digitalized, you won't need that space. I’ve seen so many rooms full of cabinets, and most of them were unused. That room, now empty, can be a new classroom or a relaxation area for employees. As a bonus, you are being nicer to Mother Nature, not using unnecessary paper. You will be paperless! ( Do you see through your window those trees up there smiling? They like the idea!).
- Accessibility for everyone: Virtual campuses are needed. Whether you need text-for-speech for vision-impaired students, closed captions for deaf and hard of hearing students, or online support for single parents or people who are caregivers, you can trust a software factory to develop the virtual campus of your dreams. Learners will be able to study at home in an environment that suits their needs.
- Scalable: You don’t have to worry about many people connecting simultaneously, thinking the server might crash. Scalability means the server can expand its capacity on-demand and return to its regular size. Everything you need is hosted on the cloud, and you can access it from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
- Mentoring programs: One-on-one online mentoring not only is easier and faster but also allows the teacher to have a more straightforward relationship with their mentees.
- Benefits for students: Alumni can get their virtual study groups and organize their projects, and the university can link the virtual campus to the library so they can access study material from wherever they are. The outcome will turn into education convenient from anywhere.
Here are just some ideas of why you need to hire a software factory to develop a platform tailored to your needs. Plus, there are other opportunities for using your university’s platform: no misfiles, a platform for admissions and enrollment, virtual tests, follow-up of all of your alumni’s milestones, etc. Possibilities are endless.
Beyond the curtain benefits
By hiring a software factory to develop the platform of your dreams, you will have a tangible deadline and the final product without any flaws (or bugs in this case). Also, your staff can be trained to use the platform in less than an hour, and you can get further assistance.
Awkbit wants to help you make your dreams come true with a whole digital experience for you, your staff, and your students. We believe it is time to take your university or college to the next level. Are you ready to level up?