5 reasons to use Drupal for your healthcare system
Drupal is an excellent companion for all of your healthcare system's requirements. Do you want to learn more about its advantages?
I was traveling across the country when I developed a severe stomach ache. I called my health insurance company and was directed to a nearby location where a doctor could examine my case. I drove there because the pain was almost unbearable. The doctor questioned me several times, one of them being if I had my appendix removed. I probably answered yes while in pain. I was not paying much attention, to be honest, so he disregarded any problem with my appendix, based on what I had told him. After a while, he diagnosed me with gastroenteritis and released me. The abdominal pain was terrible and I was feverish while I was at the hotel.
The short version of this story is as follows: I was suffering from peritonitis. If this condition had been identified earlier, the treatment would have been less risky and would have cost the insurance company and me less money.
My medical history data was not shared through all the medical facilities, which is why this mess ever happened. That, and also my wrong answer, to be honest with you. My medical records would have been available everywhere if my data had been linked.
How might it have been resolved? There is only one solution: Drupal!
What is Drupal and what are its benefits?
Drupal is a content management system (CMS), a software that allows users to create, edit, store, and publish digital content. Among its many features are the following:
- Scalable: indicates that the server's capacity will increase during high-demand periods and return to its original capacity during low-traffic periods. You can say goodbye to the "server down" alerts!
- Mobile-first: When developing Drupal, every type of portable device was considered. All information is correctly displayed whether it is mobile or desktop
- Simple to customize: Drupal is an open-source program with various modules that can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Secure: Drupal has an extremely high level of security. It is used by several top-notch organizations, including the White House, NASA, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. You can be confident that your patient's personal information is safe.
Drupal for Healthcare
I'd like to introduce you to some of the critical features of healthcare systems:
- Multisite: This feature connects multiple regional websites that must operate independently but under the same umbrella. This method is the best way to easily exchange all medical data across all facilities and departments. With this feature, you can ensure quality and reduce medical errors.
- Multi-Language: It translates your website into more than 94 languages. This component makes your website accessible to everyone.
- Integrations with third-party apps: Integrating Drupal with an EHR (electronic health record) system can be beneficial because it protects data and prevents duplicate content. It allows for the secure exchange of information with patients, which aids in minimizing errors and providing accurate diagnoses for patients.
- Artificial Intelligence: Hospitals can use chatbots and automated voice systems to screen patients, reducing the strain on medical personnel. Because of their versatility, chatbots can serve in different capacities, including therapists, customer service agents, and diagnostic tools. Furthermore, AI screening assists in determining who requires immediate care and directing patients to the appropriate contact channels.
- Payment gateways: It accepts different types of payment methods and even regional credit cards. In addition, you can send or print invoices directly from the platform.
As you can see, your healthcare system stands to benefit in a variety of ways (including marketing management).
At Awkbit, we provide custom-made solutions and build platforms tailored to your specific requirements and needs, allowing your health system to focus on what it does best: providing medical quality. Let's work together on this. Are you prepared to take the next step?
Take a nap, your new tech partner is on the way.